The Learning Resource Collaborative (LRC) is a partnership of professionals at 沙泉朋友学校 committed to the 能力, 成功, 快乐 of all learners in the SSFS community.
SSFS recognizes that some students, 即使是能力很强的学习者, may need additional academic supports, such as organizational assistance or learning/processing accommodations, to fully develop their natural talents. 通过这些支持, students create not only academic 成功 but also develop self-awareness, 维护自己的权利, 和独立. The Learning Resource Collaborative at SSFS is designed to help provide and monitor these supports.
The Flex Program for 上学校 students incorporates a coaching model that is adaptable to the age and needs of the student. This supplemental program is intended to complement the academic supports given to students by their teachers and advisors.
What is the Learning Resource Collaborative?
The Learning Resource Collaborative (LRC) is a partnership of professionals at 沙泉朋友学校 committed to the 能力, 成功, 快乐 of all learners in the SSFS community. 这是一个全面的, multi-disciplinary student support system that serves as an expanded program for supporting student learning in both the day and residential programs in order to empower students for college and beyond.
The Learning Resource Collaborative provides the following core services to SSFS students and their families:
- Consultation with parents, students, teachers, outside professionals about learning needs
- Assistance with the identification of learning differences
- Development of strategies with students to help them adapt to their learning styles
- Referrals to outside resources (tutors, speech and language therapists, psycho/educational testing services, 等.根据需要)
- Support for teachers for implementing recommendations and accommodations
- Ongoing 教师/student workshops and training on how students learn and study
除了, SSFS provides the following student supports and services (which may vary by division):
- 学术帮助 & Tutorial times built into the daily academic schedule
- Licensed counselors in each division, in the dorm
- Learning specialists in each division
- Peer Writing Center (上学校)
- Support for standardized testing accommodations
- Multifaceted, individualized college counseling support